2010年4月10日 星期六

A Kind of Self-abuse ? Nervousness and Anxiety

It was a stressful day for me that I had two oral presentations in a row on this Wednesday afternoon. Also, because of these, I did not feel hungry at all. Maybe I was too nervous and too anxious. One of the presentations that I had to do was in an elective course called Copy Culture and Consumerism, which is basically all lectured in English. Even though I am an English major student, I still think taking this course a quite challengeable task. Sometimes, what we need to do in this class is even more difficult than those in some required courses. For instance, I have to read a lengthy article, which context contains about more than thirty pages, and make a summary. Then, we must present it individually for about ten minutes. Due to not having enough time to prepare it well, I thought that my presentation was not well-organized. (What a pity it was!) What I could say was that it was fortunate that I got through with this work smoothly at last. But, I cannot be too excited about it because there is still a lot of hard work waiting for me to carry out in the future.

Somebody asked me why I chose the course, which exhausts me so much. In fact, I hesitated for a long time about that if I really wanted to take this course. For many times, I really wanted to quit this course, escape from this challenge, and live a relaxed life. However, I made up my mind to face this hard work bravely. The reasons are as follow: First, I thought that the name of the course sounded quite interesting, and also made me feel curious about it. Second, it was possible that I could improve my English abilities much more and trained myself to be more courageous and confident on the stage by taking it. Third, I must keep my promise with my friend Sally to take this course together.

In reality, I am convinced that I will definitely gain something meaningful even though I have to pay so many efforts on it. I expect myself to make it! But, somebody thought that I was really crazy; they did not understand why I treated myself like this, making myself so busy and tired!

It is the song that we chorus are going to sing

沒有留言:

張貼留言